March 18, 2020
Examinations and Promotions Update
Dear Parents and Students,
Now that the Government has stopped all examinations till June 1, 2020 (and this may be a temporary decision), this affects Cambridge and Aga Khan candidates, as well as all our boys in all year levels. I will now address the implications as clearly as I can for everyone. Please note that circumstances may alter depending on Government decision-making. Thus, if we are faced with a June 1 demarcation then the following would need to happen.
- Cambridge is not currently amending its examination timetable or schedule, therefore subjects or parts thereof before this cut-off date would not be assessed. This means that the June 1 cut-off is going to disadvantage quite a few boys. In the absence or uncertainty as to how universities would respond, we will offer October/November 2020 Cambridge assessment that is a full schedule or program of testing. As there are no repeat years at Aitchison, boys must sit for October/November 2020.
- As conditions stand, the existing H1 or AS Level students would complete a full A Level in the Cambridge May/June 2021 session.
- C2 students would sit for a full IGCSE/O Level in October/November 2020 session. This group would appear for a full A Level at the end of H2.
- C1 students would sit National subjects in October/November 2020 and the remainder IGCSE/O Level at the end of the C2 year. This group would later return to AS level as per normal.
- All other year levels will be promoted and examinations most likely not held in the current year.
- Aga Khan has rescheduled all its examinations to commence June 1, 2020. Please note this is still a tentative date as the Government may make further changes depending on the circumstances.
The above deals only with examinations and promotion, and not the beginning or ending of the affected school year. We will have to wait to confirm what these dates would be.
Admissions Testing has now been provisionally moved to June 2020. A new schedule will be posted. This may be provisional only. These are uncertain and difficult times. We understand that many boys will be frustrated, but we are doing all that we can to help with the resources we have. We are currently working on online teaching or E learning facilities.
Michael Thomson M.A., Dip. Ed., M.A.C.E