Dear Parents and Students,
This is a long letter, but do take the time to read it carefully.
We are supporting learning during this difficult period by use of the College Portal System. We believe that provision of syllabus notes and teacher solutions with support materials are the best options for now. However, we are also developing Google Meet for online contact to add to the Portal. Part of our concern is that many boys who are boarders do not have reliable internet connections. Notwithstanding, we will ask parents via the Portal to confirm email contact for the online Google Meet we hope to have working after April 5th or as close to. This will work through individual teacher contact. This will initially involve Senior School and Prep School. We will post more details on this in the coming week.
In the meantime, boys should be working as normal a day as possible and keeping a record or diary of their work (tick it off as they go), as we will allocate 10% to the first term's assessments for work completed/attempted during the closure, along the lines of the homework contribution to Half Yearly grades. Boys will receive this if they show they have made a good attempt to complete the work. We ask parents to check the timetable so that their sons are accountable and supported.
We also appreciate that the virus can and will strike families differently. In this regard, we are flexible and offer compassion based on the realities of how this pandemic plays out. We are all in this together.
1. Boys need to login to access the portal. Updated passwords may be needed. If so, contact your Head of School.
2. Boys need to complete work and commit to a disciplined routine.
3. Teachers will send worked solutions or advice along with syllabus support.
4. 10% allocation to Term 1 grade on work completed or attempted will apply.
5. We will offer Google classroom to senior boys as a start.
6. Further developments will come if the closure extends.
7. Work for now is either completing the year or assisting with revision.
8. Check Portal and confirm email address for online access to Meet.
Amidst all this challenge, I am so proud to announce that along with an early admission to Harvard, we can now advise admission of three boys to Stanford University, and one each to Yale, UPenn, and Cornell. We hope for further good news. Well done boys and teachers!